The online gaming market is highly fragmented across geographies and operators. This fragmentation demonstrates the possibility for multi-national growth. Further, underlying market growth is also strong across markets and geographies.
Six factors underpin strong global growth in online gaming and should remain key drivers into the medium term:
- Channel shift from land-based spend to online and mobile (reflecting wider consumer behavioural changes).
- Smartphone penetration and usage.
- Mobile network connectivity and (to a lesser extent) access to fast broadband.
- Mobile data costs.
- Access to simple, effective and cheap payments solutions.
- Ability to advertise and market online gambling.
In more mature markets, each of these factors is well-developed and this creates a large, mass-market online gaming market.